Employment Physicals In McAllen, TX
A pre-employment physical is a medical examination that is conducted on an individual before they are offered a job. The purpose of the examination is to ensure that the individual is physically able to perform the duties of the job they are applying for, and to identify any potential health concerns that may be affected by the job. The examination typically includes a review of the individual’s medical history, a physical examination, and any necessary diagnostic tests, such as a drug test or tuberculosis test. The results of the examination are usually kept confidential and are used only for the purpose of determining whether the individual is able to perform the job safely. Do you need a pre-employment physical in McAllen, TX? Our NRCME Dr. Romero is professional, friendly, and provides quality work for your exam.
Does Your Job Require A Pre-Employment Physical Exam?
Examples of the types of jobs that may require a pre-employment physical examination can include:
- jobs that require a high level of physical fitness and mobility, such as construction workers, firefighters, and police officers
- jobs that involve operating heavy machinery or working at heights
- jobs that involves driving or operating vehicles, such as truck drivers or delivery drivers
- jobs in the healthcare industry such as nurses, doctors, or other healthcare workers
- jobs that require exposure to hazardous materials such as chemicals or radioactive substances
- jobs that have specific physical requirements, such as carrying and lifting heavy objects, working in extreme temperatures, or working in confined spaces.
Pre-Employment Physical Exam Requirements:
The exact requirements of a pre-employment physical examination in Texas will vary depending on the nature of the job and the laws in the state or country. However, some common elements of a pre-employment physical examination include:
- Measurement of height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, and temperature
- A review of the individual’s medical history
- A physical examination of the individual’s vital organs and musculoskeletal system
- Drug testing, or testing for other substances
- Any specific tests or exams required for the job
- Visual testing or audiometry hearing tests
Keep in mind that the purpose of the examination is not to exclude employees but to ensure that the worker is physically capable of performing the job safely and efficiently, and the employer will provide the necessary accommodations if necessary.
USE A+ Medical Examiners For Your Physicals For Work!
If you or your employees need a pre-employment physical exam in McAllen, Texas, we’re your best choice. With 30+ 5-star Google Reviews, you know you’ll get a quality physical exam here at A+Medical Examiners. No appointment necessary, walk-ins are welcome! You can also reach out to our friendly staff to schedule an appointment.